Today I shocked myself as my fear of not having anything to celebrate was quickly replaced by having too much to celebrate, and only being able to pick one. I found myself looking for the positive in everything that happened, just so I’d have something to write about. What a transition from yesterday and my somewhat depressing post! Maybe it was the fact that the sun was shining and it hit 70 degrees, or maybe it was the fact that it was the first Saturday that wasn’t jam-packed with events. Whatever it was, today was a great day.
I decided that all of my wins fall under that category of self-care. So here they are:
- Had coffee in bed and listened to a coaching call that happened on Dec. 31, 2015. Yes, it was two months late, but it was actually perfect timing
- Took the pooch on an early morning walk
- Had a great day co-parenting and collaborating with my ex. at my 10-year-old’s soccer game, and then a little more later in the day
- Did all my Costco shopping on a Saturday (this is unheard of for me)
- Listened to two more course calls/workshops that I have been putting off for the past two months (I am officially caught up)
- Had a my first and very successful virtual feng shui/coaching call with a client and helped her in a tremendous way
- Took an epsom salt bath at 3 PM
- Went on another walk with the pooch
- Lovingly emptied the dishwasher
- Painted my toenails blue and shut out the inner mean girl when I struggled to reach my toes
- Blogged today’s wins.
It is now 6:53 PM, and I haven’t turned the TV on once. I may in a little bit, but it will be to watch one or two of my guilty pleasure shows and that’s ok. I will get a good night’s sleep and enjoy tomorrow with more self-care and celebrations.